Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Developing the menu.

My brother just happens to cook at the best Italian restaurant in Arizona, Marcellino Ristorante, under the tutelage of Chef Marcellino Verzino. He is also my menu consultant.


When we're ready, I will fly him out to train our cooks. Because we will be functioning as a combined Cafe, Art Gallery and Gift Shop, I feel my talents will be better suited in the operational aspects, rather than in the kitchen. 





My favorite part of this process is the food tastings! These events are held in my home with a select group of guests. Recently, we served mini pork chop sandwiches served on Navajo style tortillas and topped with a chipotle aioli as appetizers and three types of Indian Tacos, red chili with beef, green chili with pork and a traditional pinto bean recipe. All were delicious but my favorite were the traditional. The portions were smaller than your average taco and much more manageable. 


I'm hoping to show that Native American cuisine, as well as art and culture, continues to evolve. 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment